1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

letters of rec

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by numinous, Nov 29, 2001.

1. numinous

numinous Member
    10+ Year Member

i am wondering if anyone else goes to a school which does not offer a letter service. My university does not keep letters of recomendation for you to send them out as needed. Does anyone have suggestions? I am not applying to med school until next year, but this is my last semester here. Should I get a bunch of letters sealed in envelopes? Any advice would be welcomed.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jase133

jase133 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i just simply asked the profs during the summer (i stayed on campus for the entire summer preceding application)

they usually are not busy during this time and would be happy to write you refs

4. ccryder

ccryder Member
    7+ Year Member

You could ask them to write and sign several copies of the LOR, but make sure to have extras for the off chance that you apply to more schools than originally planned or the high liklihood that one school or another loses your LORs. There are also on-line services that you have to pay for that can handle your LORs. I know that there are some issues with these services (i.e. confidentality) but you might want to check them out. They act as a letter service so your LOR writers only have to write the letter once.

5. urasia

urasia Member
    7+ Year Member

numinous, if you don't mind shelling out 39 bucks, try <a href="http://www.interfolio.com," target="_blank">www.interfolio.com,</a> my school uses this reference service and you can send everything to them, including recs, photocopies of transcripts, passport, basically anything that they can scan. <a href="http://www.interfolio.com" target="_blank">web page</a>