letters of rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naoise151

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If i want to apply for fall 2019 admissions when is too late? when should i ask for letters of rec?

Members don't see this ad.

It is always better to submit them when you are ready to apply so that your file is complete for an interview. Although, some places will still interview you, based on your stats, without the letters. That said, keeping in mind that every year it's different, March 2019 is still early considered early for the Podiatry cycle.

It is always better to submit them when you are ready to apply so that your file is complete for an interview. Although, some places will still interview you, based on your stats, without the letters. That said, keeping in mind that every year it's different, March 2019 is still early considered early for the Podiatry cycle.
Yes, i just need letters...the rest of my app is technically ready to go. I just don't really have any great people i can ask for letters yet. I'm working with a prof this summer so i will ask him and i was hoping maybe half way into the next semester after building a better relationship i could ask one of my professors who i've already taken one class with last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, i just need letters...the rest of my app is technically ready to go. I just don't really have any great people i can ask for letters yet. I'm working with a prof this summer so i will ask him and i was hoping maybe half way into the next semester after building a better relationship i could ask one of my professors who i've already taken one class with last year.

Letters from 2 science professors and 1 DPM would be sufficient

Reactions: 1 users
oh shoot is it 3 letters? that's relief. so i should have 2 professors with the 2 i listed above (do they have to be people you took classes with or can it be a prof i am doing research with?).

oh shoot is it 3 letters? that's relief. so i should have 2 professors with the 2 i listed above (do they have to be people you took classes with or can it be a prof i am doing research with?).

The letters usually are from a science prof that you took a class with. If you can't get these then research ones should be fine as well...just email the programs you are interested in applying and ask them just to be sure. But 3 letters are fine.

I'm sure you know that you will have to use interfolio to submit these letters.

Reactions: 2 users
If i want to apply for fall 2019 admissions when is too late? when should i ask for letters of rec?
Dexter already answered your questions.

Apply as early it is possible for you to have application ready.

Otherwise, anywhere from August until March is still ok.

3 letters is enough. I think I had 1 DPM, 1 MD, and 1 science professor.

Reactions: 1 user
Dexter already answered your questions.

Apply as early it is possible for you to have application ready.

Otherwise, anywhere from August until March is still ok.

3 letters is enough. I think I had 1 DPM, 1 MD, and 1 science professor.
Thank you!

I had zero letters. Western and AZPOD do not require them. Obviously that limits your schools choices to those 2 though lol.
lol i had no idea! that's good to know! have you been accepted anywhere/are you already in school?

I had three letters. A science professor, a professor I did research with, and a DPM. And as someone’s already mentioned, you should be good to apply even until March. Good luck!
Awesome thanks! I was worried if i didn't have my app in as soon as the application opened i'd be in trouble.

Your future wallet would have thanked you for DMU, alas, looks like 300k on the way

Yessir. I got interviews at all 4 school I applied and only attended Westerns and AZPOD's cause I wanted DO integration, but am no way in hell moving to the midwest (DMU, Scholl). LOL

I'm moving to start school is 6 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Yessir. I got interviews at all 4 school I applied and only attended Westerns and AZPOD's cause I wanted DO integration, but am no way in hell moving to the midwest (DMU, Scholl). LOL

I'm moving to start school is 6 weeks.
Ugh I really like DMU but i HATE it’s in the middle of nowhere Iowa

Thats pretty good, making it out of pod school under 250K.

AZPOD's cost of attendance for the 4 years is around 330K for normal. The thrifty option is just under 300K. Its a bit rediculus, and the pod program is one of the cheaper schools for midwestern. Their dental school is 77K for tuition.

Mine will be about 200K-210K (180K of that is tuition and all those lil random fees in there). I got a house with some dudes so rent is only 550 with all utilities. I'll do rotations from home back in LA since there's so many rotation sites in socal so I only need 3 years of rent. Unless 3rd year rotations are done off campus too, then only 2 years of rent. I'm not sure how 3rd year works haha. My parents don't let me pay for my own food and car stuff like insurance and gas is put on our business card for tax purposes so those expenses won't need loan money.

But yeah, I probably could've escaped DMU with well under 180K (most likely like 170K), but.......it's Iowa.

Thats pretty good, making it out of pod school under 250K.

AZPOD's cost of attendance for the 4 years is around 330K for normal. The thrifty option is just under 300K. Its a bit rediculus, and the pod program is one of the cheaper schools for midwestern. Their dental school is 77K for tuition.

You applying to AzPod this cycle? ;)

......Pharmacy is 60K in just tuition? How? Why? Who? Thats approx 80K for total year if you are trying to save. 240K in student loans debt for what?

The worst part is, people keep signing up for it because they can get guaranteed loan.

I guess pod students should be grateful that the profession has managed to stayy under the radar for as long as it has, as opposed to Optometry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, etc. I guess thats the tradeoff lol, nobody knows what the training of a pod is or what they are allowed to do and in return pods manage to keep saturation and tuition at barley manageable levels and not crazytown like everyone else.

Yep. EVERY SINGLE other program there is NOT worth it. WAYYY WAYYY WAYYYY too overpriced. I messaged a bunch of people in my search for roomies on the MWU FB page. One of them was a pharm student and she said her whole class felt lied to and betrayed because they all payed 60K per year (it's only a 3 year program at MWU) and they can NOT find jobs. Optometry is only 3 grand less than us, but they will make WAY less money both in the beginning, middle, and end of their careers compared to us. Dental is 78K per year just for tuition, and they make similar money to us on average (they have more potential for cash patients but those only work in like Beverly Hills and Newport beach and NYC, etc.).

I really don't understand this countries utter disregard for just handing everyone student loans in the amount of $300K if they ask. This is the only reason schools charge so much. They know Uncle Sam will keep giving it to them. Stupidest system I have ever seen. haha