Letters of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

R1980

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At my current school, we don't have a premedical committee, but the dean and associate dean will write a cover letter for our letters of recommendation, and after evaluating our records. Do schools want you to include all of your LOR's in one packet, or would they like the letter from a physician separately? I think I'm in a weird situation, because my physician letter is from one of my professors...

Members don't see this ad.

The D.O. who wrote my LOR sent it to my school and it was included in my packet, I am complete at various schools so that is fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
sent it to the school where your premed committee is at, or at the school you are applying to?

i posted this in another thread..can someone help me?

NSU did not grant me an interview....whatever. so on their secondary i have to turn in a letter from a liberal arts professor...is a class about health and medical care considered to be liberal arts? i know its not considered to be a "science" course....so then it must be liberal arts right?

I would say that the class would be liberal arts. What classifcation would the class fall under? Was it sociology or something? If so, then I would definitely say it is liberal arts. Your post is sort of confusing though. NSU didn't grant you an interview, but you are sending them an LOR anyways? Or they want the letter before they will grant you an interview?

uclabruin2003 said:
i posted this in another thread..can someone help me?

NSU did not grant me an interview....whatever. so on their secondary i have to turn in a letter from a liberal arts professor...is a class about health and medical care considered to be liberal arts? i know its not considered to be a "science" course....so then it must be liberal arts right?

Hey don't be bitter about NSU. I asked several people who were granted interviews and all of them had already turned in secondaries/LORs and you haven't done that yet so you are still good!

sorry i wasnt so clear. no i am not bitter. ha.

I am turning in my secondary to NOVA and also turning in my letters of rec. My class which is actually called "Health and medical care" is taken as part of a public policy school. Does that help? I think that it probably is liberal arts since its not science. Or i should just give them a call.

I had the D.O. send his LOR to my undergrad pre-health committee and it was included with the packet of letters from there.

As for NSU, I was complete - secondary, check, and LORS - before I received an interview invite.