Letters of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jqdental64

Reaction score
Hi everyone-
I am looking to apply this cycle because I have everything completed except my LOR from science professors. One of mine stopped replying and I haven't been to get in contact with another because of COVID. I am starting a master's program this fall on a quarter system so I could get some by November...I was planning to submit my application to a few schools asap, alongside emailing the schools to explain my situation. Any suggestions or feedback would be great!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone-
I am looking to apply this cycle because I have everything completed except my LOR from science professors. One of mine stopped replying and I haven't been to get in contact with another because of COVID. I am starting a master's program this fall on a quarter system so I could get some by November...I was planning to submit my application to a few schools asap, alongside emailing the schools to explain my situation. Any suggestions or feedback would be great!! :)
Hey! I'll be applying this cycle too. I actually do not have any science recommendations, so I just applied to the 10 schools that did not require them. If you want to go the other route, just explain your situation in the COVID-19 supplemental essay. It sounds like they are really taking that into consideration this cycle (hopefully). Good Luck!

Hi everyone-

If you don’t have science professors request a committee evaluation from your school. One evaluation is equivalent to 3 letters ( id say some schools prefer it) . My school is doing that & im submitting a dentist letter in addition.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I'll be applying this cycle too. I actually do not have any science recommendations, so I just applied to the 10 schools that did not require them. If you want to go the other route, just explain your situation in the COVID-19 supplemental essay. It sounds like they are really taking that into consideration this cycle (hopefully). Good Luck!
I'll have to look into those schools and I will for sure explain that as well! I hope they do too, good luck with everything!!

If you don’t have science professors request a committee evaluation from your school. One evaluation is equivalent to 3 letters ( id say some schools prefer it) . My school is doing that & im submitting a dentist letter in addition.
I wish my school did that it would be so much easier. I asked my advisor about it and she just said wait till next year, but thank you for the advice!