1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

letters of rec

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by mmpp, Jul 16, 2001.

1. mmpp

mmpp Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know how admissions committees fell about extra letters of rec, say from an employer or an additional professor. How many is too many?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Amra

Amra A Quiet Voice of Reason
    10+ Year Member

My school has a different process for applicants. We are required to get 3 letters of rec from faculty then we get interviewed by different faculty who write a letter based on the first 3 + the interview. In addition, I have 2 letters from DO's. Overall, with my application, each xxCOM will receive 6 letters (3 faculty/1 commitee/2 DO's). From my understanding, the medical schools like the way my university handles the process....

Hope I helped!
    -A :eek:

4. D.O.'s rule

D.O.'s rule Member
    7+ Year Member

It all depends on the individual school. For example, MSUCOM will not accept any extra letters and the ones they do accept must be on their forms while PCSOM will accept any letters sent and place them in your file. My advice would be to contact the schools you are interested in and request their catalogs and admission info. It tells you what to expect and what they will accept. Hope this helps.