letters of rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmpp

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how admissions committees fell about extra letters of rec, say from an employer or an additional professor. How many is too many?

Members don't see this ad.

My school has a different process for applicants. We are required to get 3 letters of rec from faculty then we get interviewed by different faculty who write a letter based on the first 3 + the interview. In addition, I have 2 letters from DO's. Overall, with my application, each xxCOM will receive 6 letters (3 faculty/1 commitee/2 DO's). From my understanding, the medical schools like the way my university handles the process....

Hope I helped!
-A :eek:

It all depends on the individual school. For example, MSUCOM will not accept any extra letters and the ones they do accept must be on their forms while PCSOM will accept any letters sent and place them in your file. My advice would be to contact the schools you are interested in and request their catalogs and admission info. It tells you what to expect and what they will accept. Hope this helps.