Letters of Rec.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

prp785

some DO schools allow you to get one of your recommendation letter from a pre-medical committee. I am not sure what that really means.. is AMSA a pre-medical committee?
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

prp785 said:
some DO schools allow you to get one of your recommendation letter from a pre-medical committee. I am not sure what that really means.. is AMSA a pre-medical committee?
thanks!

The pre-med committee they are most likely referring to is the one at your univ. If you were a declared pre-med, you should be aware if your school has one. If not, I don't know what the process is. They would have been compiling info on you from the start jsut for this purpose.

Good luck.

prp785 said:
thanks!

AMSA is a student organization. The Pre-med committee is from the Pre-med department or Pre-Professional(premed,prelaw,etc.) department of your college and is run by the college and not the students.

Some schools do not have a pre-med department. Go to you biology department office or ask your advisor if there is a Pre-med/Pre-Professional Office.

Or you can tell us your school and we will set you on the path to righteousness. :thumbup: :luck: :thumbup:

HunterGatherer said:
AMSA is a student organization. The Pre-med committee is from the Pre-med department or Pre-Professional(premed,prelaw,etc.) department of your college and is run by the college and not the students.

Some schools do not have a pre-med department. Go to you biology department office or ask your advisor if there is a Pre-med/Pre-Professional Office.

Or you can tell us your school and we will set you on the path to righteousness.

Thanks.. I go to the University of Florida. I am not aware of a pre-med committee but i'll find out.