Letters of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

proline

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My letters of rec finally got in today, is this severely delaying my application? Is my application now "late" and do you think it will hurt my chances?

I was just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

My letters of rec finally got in today, is this severely delaying my application? Is my application now "late" and do you think it will hurt my chances?

I was just curious.

I can't really answer your question but I am basically in the same situation. My letters will FINALLY be at the schools in about 5 days. I don't think it'll hurt too terribly. But we cant change anything now, so just be super proactive on everything else!

Best of luck.

i received an interview without all my LORs. on the contrary to what the "experts" on SDN say, many schools will still review your application and invite you to interview w/out all your LORs.

jb!

Members don't see this ad :)
i received an interview without all my LORs. on the contrary to what the "experts" on SDN say, many schools will still review your application and invite you to interview w/out all your LORs.

jb!

ditto

I was just curious.

it depends on the school. some schools will NOT consider you for an interview until your application is considered "complete" meaning ALL of their required LOR's have been received. other schools will still consider applicants/extend interviews w/o having a "completed" application.

if you don't know about the schools to which you have applied, check their websites, sometimes they will say on there what their policy is - if it is not on there i would try calling or emailing to find out.