Letters of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

horns1011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I work for an ophthalmologist, would her letter be credible at all if I got her to write me a letter of rec? do you need 3 letters from professors from all schools?

Members don't see this ad.

If I work for an ophthalmologist, would her letter be credible at all if I got her to write me a letter of rec? do you need 3 letters from professors from all schools?

A letter from ophthalmologist would be perfect for Med-school, but I think it would be ok for dent-school too, since it can tell the school about your character, work ethics, manners in which you work with others. One of my rec letters came from a physician in a hospital I volunteered at; I never volunteered in dental field, but I shadowed the dentist and she wrote me a letter too.

I would suggest you to pick a few of the schools you are interested in and asked them.

Yes you need three professor letters for just about all the schools, and one dentist letter. An addition work letter is fine, but will not fulfill the requirement.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the three professor letters, do they all have to be science professors?

I'm pretty sure its 2 prof letters + 1 dentist. not 3 profs.