1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Letters of Rec.

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by WISBadger, Jul 31, 2011.

1. WISBadger

I work in a pharmacy and have 6 pharmacists that would write me awesome LORs at any moment, two pharmacists that run the free clinic pharmacy that i volunteer weekly at, and one professor i know well enough to write me one. Whats a good number of LORs and how pharmacists is enough/too many?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BadgerPharm

BadgerPharm Tender Loving Medication
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    First off, greetings from a fellow Badger! PharmCAS allows a maximum of 4 letters of rec. Most universities require that one of the letters be from a science or math professor and also one from a pharmacist. It differs from university to university, so I would make sure to check the individual requirements of the schools you are applying to.

4. SparkLy09

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Like the above poster said, PharmCAS only allows 4 max. It's awesome that you have so many options, however, choose 3-4 people (mixture of pharmacists and professors) that can speak about your strengths in different ways. You don't need 4 letters that repeat the same information. If each pharmacist can speak about you in different ways, then by all means, it does not hurt. However, if they know you under the same circumstances and will probably be repeating the same information, then one is good enough.