Quantcast

letters of rec.

OATBooster | The Ultimate OAT Resource
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdom29

Reaction score
the prehealth committee in my school FINALLY sent in the letters of rec. to optomcas, how long will it take optomcas to these letters to my designated schools?

also..that was the last thing i needed to complete my application (i already submitted optomcas, supplementals, official OAT scores, transcripts, etc.), do you think it will take long for me to hear back from them, if they are interested in giving me an interview?

janedoe88

Reaction score
the prehealth committee in my school FINALLY sent in the letters of rec. to optomcas, how long will it take optomcas to these letters to my designated schools?

also..that was the last thing i needed to complete my application (i already submitted optomcas, supplementals, official OAT scores, transcripts, etc.), do you think it will take long for me to hear back from them, if they are interested in giving me an interview?

Was it electronic or by mail? if it was electronic, it should be automatically within a day...mail might be 2 weeks or more

BeesKnees22

Zoo of the New
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Were you waiting a long time for the committee to send those letters?

jdom29

Reaction score
yupp :( first i had to set an appt to have a "pre health interview" which took forever and then they said it takes up to 28 days for them to write their own LOR and send the whole package of LORs to optomcas

robotcat123

Reaction score
I had a committee LOR sent via snail mail, and it took almost a month before OptomCAS can load it up. However, I was offer an interview before my LOR were confirmed by OptomCAS. It is late in the cycle, but some schools will offer you an interview w/o LOR if your application is strong, but some will wait until the LORs are verified. Also, some schools (if you are applying to them) won't take a committee letter from OptomCAS, and you have to sent them directly to the school. I just called all the schools that I applied to for their requirements. Good luck! Also, start/submit your secondary if you have done so already.