letters of rec.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member 559246

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have three letters of rec in your pharmcas file and a school requires 2, how do you choose which ones to send. Are all three automatically sent to all the schools you designate?

Members don't see this ad.

Yup. If schools get more letters than they require then they will choose which two of three letters they will use to evaluate you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they read all three and take the ones that help you out the most or can you email them telling them
which letters to look at.

I'm not sure haha That's just what I read on either one of my school or PharmCAS website :p
I would email or call the school you are interested in to ask!

Do they read all three and take the ones that help you out the most or can you email them telling them
which letters to look at.

i had four LORs and for schools that required less than that it seemed that they just picked the first 2 or 3 from the list meaning they didnt read all of them and chose the best of the bunch haha. Unless the school wanted specific types of LORs such as one from a pharmacist, then they find that one.

does anybody know if a professor LOR is required? So far I have a recommendation from:

- Director of Pharmacy where I work at
- Clinical Pharmacist Supervisor where I work at
- Director of Volunteer Services from Brigham and Women's Hospital

but I'm having a hard time securing a LOR from a professor at my undergrad. I know it's mostly school specific if I don't have one from a professor but what do you guys think? My number 1 may be MCP Worcester right now cause it doesn't seem like I'll be able to meet any of these 11/1 deadlines.

does anybody know if a professor LOR is required? So far I have a recommendation from:

- Director of Pharmacy where I work at
- Clinical Pharmacist Supervisor where I work at
- Director of Volunteer Services from Brigham and Women's Hospital

but I'm having a hard time securing a LOR from a professor at my undergrad. I know it's mostly school specific if I don't have one from a professor but what do you guys think? My number 1 may be MCP Worcester right now cause it doesn't seem like I'll be able to meet any of these 11/1 deadlines.

Me being an ass: If you know it's school specific...'nuff said.
Just kidding though, umm...but no, really, if it says a professor is required, then you know what to do. They will probably toss it aside in the same manner as if their required GPA is not met.

A lot of schools need a letter of rec specifically from a science professor.