1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

letters of recc

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Biogirl361, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Biogirl361

Biogirl361 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Some of my profs don't seem to believe that you can't send letters to aadsas until may 1, no matter how many times i tell them. :mad: Do you think aadsas will accept letters earlier if they end up sending them before may 1?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    probably not.

why don't you ask them to seal the letter and give it to you so yo ucan mail it along with your transcripts etc yourself?

4. Bickle

Bickle future NYC taxi driver
    10+ Year Member

I wouldnt send my letters just yet. AADSAS's 2003-2004 cycle is not quite done yet. If you send in letters now, they might think its for this application cycle, rather than the next cycle.

But by all means get your letters ready, and just hold on to them until the next cycle starts (I think its sometime in june or july).

5. Biogirl361

Biogirl361 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

the profs flatly refuse to give them to me to send in! oh well, i guess we'll see what happens.

6. UBTom

UBTom Class '04 official geezer
    10+ Year Member

Check if your college has a pre-professional advising committee. You should see them and ask if they can open a file for you, then have all your profs send their LORs to the preprofessional office.

The preprofessional office in most cases will photocopy and send your LORs to the schools you ask them to send to. No need for another middleman (AADSAS) and on top of that most preprofessional committees will also enclose their own LOR.

HTH.

7. Mo007

Mo007 Gifted Hands
    10+ Year Member

That sounds BULL from the professors. Its not their business when the cycle starts - but should be able to give you one on your request, regardless of the recipient's deadlines.

Even though AADSAS may have the start of the application dates on the LETTER OF EVALUATION request form (which I am not sure if they do) - a request = a request, such conditions are futile.

8. sxr71

sxr71 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Either what UBTom said or if your school doesn't offer that service, use Interfolio. It will make your life easier.

www.interfolio.com

I've mentioned this site so many times that I feel like I'm plugging it. In any case they really are the best way to go IMHO, since you have full control of who gets what and you can create your own packets of letters.

9. fairbrother

fairbrother Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey Biogirl, I graduated from Michigan in 2001. I know that Michigan has a reference letter center at school where you can tell your professors to send the letters in and then when you have all the letters done you can tell the reference letter center(part of student services department) to send your file(you can pick and choose which letters) to specific palces for i think $5.00 but is worth it. This way letters will be confidential and you will get it ready. I did that when I was at michigan for My job. i got the letters from professors as I took classes with them. I have total of 8 letters in my file right now. I am applying in 2005 also. when i fill out my application i will just go and tell them to send it AADSAS and they will do it. This way you don't ahve to worry about getting enough copies of letters and stuff like that. Find out

10. The Musketeer

The Musketeer Guardian of Justice
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Right now AADSAS has completed the 2004 cycle and is in the transition period (throw away all the applicant folders) to prepare for the 2005 cycle. So it is best not to mail the LOR just yet since it will most likely be thrown away, or get lost in process.