Letters of recommendation and AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njtrimed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My alma mater's prehealth committee finally uploaded my committee letter yesterday. How do I assign it to each school? It was a simple, five minute process with the AMCAS, but I cannot figure out how to do it with AACOMAS. Any help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools automatically have access to your letters through AACOMAS if I am not mistaken. For a school like ATSU SOMA or ATSU KCOM, they might ask you to specify which letter you'd like to use for DO/science faculty etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Schools automatically have access to your letters through AACOMAS if I am not mistaken. For a school like ATSU SOMA or ATSU KCOM, they might ask you to specify which letter you'd like to use for DO/science faculty etc.
This is correct, the letters are automatically downloaded to each school you apply to.

This is correct, the letters are automatically downloaded to each school you apply to.
Thank you both for that information. Any idea why it was uploaded Tuesday but my programs are still showing my status as incomplete pending receiving my letter(s)? If it's automatic, shouldn't it show up as uploaded to individual schools by now?

Thank you both for that information. Any idea why it was uploaded Tuesday but my programs are still showing my status as incomplete pending receiving my letter(s)? If it's automatic, shouldn't it show up as uploaded to individual schools by now?
some schools download LORs from AACOMAS on a weekly basis so just sit tight for now.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, if all of your letters aren't in it won't show complete. You can see which letters they have received, but yeah like it was mentioned above they usually download on a weekly basis I would guess.

For some schools you need to tell them letters were added to your file. This is true for PCOM, they will your file and you need to tell them if something new is added. AACOMAS does not let them know when new letters have been added.

For some schools you need to tell them letters were added to your file. This is true for PCOM, they will your file and you need to tell them if something new is added. AACOMAS does not let them know when new letters have been added.
Oh, that's good to know!