Letters of Recommendation for AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Butters Stotch

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all thank you for your time. I had a quick question regarding letters of recommendations. I have mine stored on interfolio and was wondering if my recommenders need to submit them via aacomas or can I send them to each individual school via interfolio. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all thank you for your time. I had a quick question regarding letters of recommendations. I have mine stored on interfolio and was wondering if my recommenders need to submit them via aacomas or can I send them to each individual school via interfolio. Thank you.
You can send them via interfolio to AACOMAS. Unless you dont want a school to get a certain letter

After your letter writers submit their letters to Interfolio, you can request Interfolio generate a unique email for each letter.
On AACOMAS, in each letter field there will be an option to request the letter via email. You just fill in the interfolio generated email there.
It looks like this:
upload_2019-3-19_10-4-18.png

AACOMAS then sends a request to Interfolio's generated email and Interfolio will ping back with the letter which then gets uploaded to AACOMAS.

The only reason you'd be sending a letter directly to each school is if its specific to that school and you don't want other schools reading it. I.e: LUCOM's clergy LOR or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for your help. I am prepping for the 2019-2020 cycle and is there any advice you can give me?

Get everything done early and ready to submit by June. I had a delay in a LOR that pushed my applications back to November/December. I still got a few interviews/acceptances but the later you wait the fewer seats there are.

Get everything done early and ready to submit by June. I had a delay in a LOR that pushed my applications back to November/December. I still got a few interviews/acceptances but the later you wait the fewer seats there are.
Thank you; what were your stats?

Just based off stats you’d probably be fine applying broadly and early. Make a WAMC post and see what other people think :D

You’ve got several thousand hours of clinical experience over me from the EMT thing.