1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Letters of Recommendation for CA Schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Literati81, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Literati81

Literati81 Poor Nerd
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Quick question (hopefully)...

I would like to apply to the following California schools: UCSF (first choice), UCLA, USC and UOP only (yes, I know, very risky).

I have asked 2 physics professors (one is a lecturer, the other is the Vice-Chair) and 1 volunteer coordinator for a letter of recommendation. Will this suffice? Or do I need additional science LOR, e.g. biochemistry, to apply to Cali schools?

Thanks for your help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Fantasia

Fantasia Member
    7+ Year Member

This is from the Frequently Asked Questions on the UCSF website:
    Q. How many letters of recommendation are required?
    A. A minimum of three letters of recommendation are required, two of which must be from science instructors (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy).

I can't remember about any of the other Cali schools, but I am sure you can find that out from their websites.
    Good Luck!