Letters of recommendation frustration!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Winner32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the problem I'm having is so far I have 2 letters from science profs (one was research course) and 1 from a dentist. The part that is frustrating me is some schools are not consistent with their letter requirements, and it's making it hard to fulfill the requirement for all.

Ex: school A wants 2 science 1 dentist.....school B wants 2 science 1 volunteer supervisor 1 dentist...
school C wants 2 science 1 liberal arts?? 1 dentist (if possible).

How the heck to I cover all these bases!? And the max we can upload is 4 letters anyways... Also I've noticed many schools have different instructions on their websites vs what students see under program materials in AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad.

answer is committee letter bro...if you have one of those you fulfill all those little requirements.
i have a committee letter but i threw a dentist in there too

I did 2 science, 1 dentist, 1 other (a commander a volunteered under). I was never asked for extra letters. If a school does require an odd one like the liberal arts, I would send direct to that school.

Members don't see this ad :)
answer is committee letter bro...if you have one of those you fulfill all those little requirements.
i have a committee letter but i threw a dentist in there too

I wish canadian schools had that option :(

I did 2 science, 1 dentist, 1 other (a commander a volunteered under). I was never asked for extra letters. If a school does require an odd one like the liberal arts, I would send direct to that school.

What I may do is try and get a volunteer letter, or even from my employer. And if any of the schools want something addition like liberal arts I'll send that separately. My 2 science + dentist cover most of my schools, it just the other few I applied that have specific requirements that's annoying me a bit.

Reactions: 1 user
Why the hell do they want a liberal arts for? Ridiculous. Which school is it?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Why the hell do they want a liberal arts for? Ridiculous. Which school is it?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

NSU. "Two of these should be from science instructors and the other one from a liberal arts instructor. If possible, these letters should be from faculty who know the applicant's scholastic abilities and personal character; otherwise, they should be from individuals (non-relatives) who can provide an evaluation to the committee on admissions." Are they suggesting if you can't get a liberal arts prof to find someone else?

Also, USC wants 2 lecture only based science profs, and it was already difficult for me to get 2 science letters since Im outside of the faculty.

NSU. "Two of these should be from science instructors and the other one from a liberal arts instructor. If possible, these letters should be from faculty who know the applicant's scholastic abilities and personal character; otherwise, they should be from individuals (non-relatives) who can provide an evaluation to the committee on admissions." Are they suggesting if you can't get a liberal arts prof to find someone else?

Also, USC wants 2 lecture only based science profs, and it was already difficult for me to get 2 science letters since Im outside of the faculty.
lmao columbia wants 3 science professors gg

I sacrificed a limb and an organ for 3 science professors, 1 non science and 1 dentist letter...

lmao columbia wants 3 science professors gg

I sacrificed a limb and an organ for 3 science professors, 1 non science and 1 dentist letter...

Did you have to send one of the letters directly to the school since you can upload 4?. Honestly committee letters would fix all of this...

Reactions: 1 user
Did you have to send one of the letters directly to the school since you can upload 4?. Honestly committee letters would fix all of this...
Yup, I asked for the 3rd science professor specifically for the schools requiring 3 science professors. The 3rd letter is on interfolio (not uploaded on ADEA) and Im going to send it directly to the schools. Lmao I didnt even know what a committee was until I started applying... I swear the dental community is so broken in canada, its not even funny. There are almost no pre-dental initiatives or opportunities for students as compared to the sates...