Letters of recommendation - please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denhyg111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently trying to apply to dental school and I am in the process of gathering up all of my application requirements. When it comes to letters of recommendation, where should I have my professors and dentist send the letters of recommendation to? I know the letters do not have to be sent directly to me, so do I first open an account with ADEA AADSAS and then have them emailed to them? How does the process works ? Please help me out with some guidance. Thank you very much in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

so do I first open an account with ADEA AADSAS and then have them emailed to them? How does the process works ?
Yes. You make an AADSAS account and on there, you fill out all the details for your recommenders (name, title, college, email, etc.) and waive your right to view the letter. Then your letter writers will receive an email on how they upload their letter to the portal.
This has more detailed information: Evaluations

I'm currently in the same boat. It seems I can't even make an AADSAS account until the applications open on May 11th. I can't access the portal to where my professors can submit their letters of recs, so I kinda need help with that. Am I not allowed to make an account until the 11th?? Slightly confused.

I'm currently in the same boat. It seems I can't even make an AADSAS account until the applications open on May 11th. I can't access the portal to where my professors can submit their letters of recs, so I kinda need help with that. Am I not allowed to make an account until the 11th?? Slightly confused.
Yup. You can't make an account until then, but you can still talk to your professors and simply ask them to hold on and submit their letters in May, when you have your account.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup. You can't make an account until then, but you can still talk to your professors and simply ask them to hold on and submit their letters in May, when you have your account.
Is that possible to know what format the reference letter should be? Does referrers write a letter and submit? Or there will be a kind of questionnaire for referrers to answer?
Thank you so much for your help!