Letters of Recommendation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed wrestler

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do schools prefer the letters to be uploaded the the AACOMAS portal then sent out through there or typed on letter head signed and sent to there school via mail? Sorry for the naivety, but I've seen people say schools love that, but why would you need to upload to the portal then.

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools that I remember reading won't accept anything mailed to them and they have to be uploaded to the portal. It can still be on a letter head and then uploaded. The way I did it last cycle was just send an interfolio recommendation request to all the letter writers and send it to all my schools both DO and MD using that service.

They prefer electronic ie interfolio or directly attached to AACOMAS app

And yes, letterhead and signed

Snail mail is rarely accepted (plus it's easier to keep them electronically on interfolio if you plan on using them multiple times anyway)- then you can hold onto them for other purposes such as post bacc or SMP, next cycle, (not saying you need these!) or in case they can't find it the first time you send it

Members don't see this ad :)
They prefer electronic ie interfolio or directly attached to AACOMAS app

And yes, letterhead and signed

Snail mail is rarely accepted (plus it's easier to keep them electronically on interfolio if you plan on using them multiple times anyway)- then you can hold onto them for other purposes such as post bacc or SMP, next cycle, (not saying you need these!) or in case they can't find it the first time you send it
So basically they would just print it on the letter head sign it and scan it back to upload it?