Letters of Recommendation - Type-based Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CodeBlue192

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Would it be a bad idea to have two LORs from chemistry professors? Would some schools dislike this, or would it not matter? I have strong LORs from my PI and a physician, as well as a nonscience + service.

Members don't see this ad.

Why would anyone care if you have two letters from people within the same field. In what logical construct does that make sense?

In general, if it doesn't make any sense, it is a pretty good bet that it isn't true. I'd say, "when referring to the application process." But it is true in almost everything.

Why would anyone care if you have two letters from people within the same field. In what logical construct does that make sense?

In general, if it doesn't make any sense, it is a pretty good bet that it isn't true. I'd say, "when referring to the application process." But it is true in almost everything.

I'm too lazy to remember which school, but one wanted: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Social Sciences letters specifically.

Actually, I lied. Its Jefferson. I wasn't too lazy to remember.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm too lazy to remember which school, but one wanted: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Social Sciences letters specifically.

Actually, I lied. Its Jefferson. I wasn't too lazy to remember.

Obviously you need to follow the directions if there are directions.

But otherwise, it doesn't matter.