Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KBryant24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm currently in my 3rd year and I have a question about the letter of recommendation uploading process. Do we have to wait until ERAS opens in our 4th year to start uploading letters? I'm really lost in regard to how this process works.

Members don't see this ad.

no the school does it for you usually

ask your school!!! it might even be on their website! email someone in the office!

ask a fourth year!

no the school does it for you usually

ask your school!!! it might even be on their website! email someone in the office!

ask a fourth year!
You are wrong. The letter writers upload the letters themselves.

OP: yes you have to wait

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There is a form you print off from ERAS that lists your ERAS number. It also has a statement about waiving your right to see the letter. Print off this form and give it to your letter writer. It has instructions to the writer on how to upload the form. The letter writer is responsible for uploading it.

I was told to ask and then inform them when you need it.

Is there any other way to do that?

you will fill out a request form on eras once the application cycle opens. the eras form will have your attendings name and a unique identification number. you email them the pdf file. when they have written the letter they will have to upload it. it takes about 5 business days from when they upload the letter to when you will be able to see it.

you will fill out a request form on eras once the application cycle opens. the eras form will have your attendings name and a unique identification number. you email them the pdf file. when they have written the letter they will have to upload it. it takes about 5 business days from when they upload the letter to when you will be able to see it.

So if I ask them in third year just have them hold onto it until eras next year?