Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHJ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have two questions:

1. I can get LOR from my Chemistry and Biology professors but I had only one course with any of them. Do you think it will matter if I had only one course or more with them?

2. I read in SDN forum before that there is website that we can upload our LOR before applying and send it to the schools at the time of application. Is it worth doing it or it is better to send the LOR directly from the professor to the schools? What is that specific website?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I have two questions:

1. I can get LOR from my Chemistry and Biology professors but I had only one course with any of them. Do you think it will matter if I had only one course or more with them?

2. I read in SDN forum before that there is website that we can upload our LOR before applying and send it to the schools at the time of application. Is it worth doing it or it is better to send the LOR directly from the professor to the schools? What is that specific website?

Thanks,

As long as you have a decent relationship with them it won't matter.

Interfolio. It's worth doing because it's inexpensive and you will have the letters for whenever you need then again (i.e. HPSP, reapplying, etc.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've never used interfolio. I guess if you don't trust your professors to upload the letter more than once should you need to resubmit an app, then it worthwhile. It's a monthly subscription or pay to use service, right?

As long as you have a decent relationship with them it won't matter.

Interfolio. It's worth doing because it's inexpensive and you will have the letters for whenever you need then again (i.e. HPSP, reapplying, etc.)

Thanks for your response. I do have a good relationship with them.

What year are you and when are you applying?

I have a degree in engineering and I am taking the prerequisites. I will probably apply next cycle.