Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samiam0252003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
hoping everyone is having a goodnight. Here's the story, I got 2/3 letters of recommendation that I could need for applying, but there's one more I need to get. There's one person I had in mind, but I haven't been able to get ahold of her, so I'm thinking of asking my orgo prof. I went to my pre-dent advisor and she said for him to get a sense of who I am, I should make a biography of myself and now I'm here kinda clueless on how to go about this and have my orgo prof make a good letter recommendation. Any ideas on how to go about this?

Thanks ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Get together a CV and a resume and give it to your prof. Also bring your personal statement and transcripts. Maybe meet with him and talk to him about your desire to pursue dentistry. Usually that should be enough. :)

I gave my profs a summary of my extracurriculars and a short essay about myself, my goals, and my reasons for going into dentistry. They were also professors that at least knew my name (one of them I knew quite well, she gave me a really good rec). Oh yeah, I gave them a copy of my transcript as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats exactly what I did...I put together a folder including a resume, copies of awards, transcripts, personal statement, and extracurriculars. I printed everything on nice paper and put everything in a nice folder. I also included a pre-addressed and stamped envelope, not really necessary but I figured presentation is everything.

tinman831 said:
Get together a CV and a resume and give it to your prof. Also bring your personal statement and transcripts. Maybe meet with him and talk to him about your desire to pursue dentistry. Usually that should be enough. :)

a CV and a resume are basically the same thing... right?

curricula vitae Abbr. CV

A summary of one's education, professional history, and job qualifications, as for a prospective employer.

Lidopaine82 said:
a CV and a resume are basically the same thing... right?

curricula vitae Abbr. CV

A summary of one's education, professional history, and job qualifications, as for a prospective employer.

Yes it is