Letters of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc2007

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you send in letters of recommendation? Do you send it to AACOMAS? I have already submitted my application but I could not find any section for letters of recommendation.

Members don't see this ad.

Doc2007 said:
How do you send in letters of recommendation? Do you send it to AACOMAS? I have already submitted my application but I could not find any section for letters of recommendation.

each school will contact you when they want your LOR's and provide you with the mailing address

Doc2007 said:

I can't think of schools that had you mail them in. I used Interfolio. Check it out! www.interfolio.com

It is worth the $15/year! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Jezzielin said:
I can't think of schools that had you mail them in. I used Interfolio. Check it out! www.interfolio.com

It is worth the $15/year! :luck:

Humm...so did the schools ask to send them to interfolio??? I'm confused! good question though, I've been wondering the same thing. How can I ask the professor for LOR when I dont know what to do with them?!

PleaseMiami said:
Humm...so did the schools ask to send them to interfolio??? I'm confused! good question though, I've been wondering the same thing. How can I ask the professor for LOR when I dont know what to do with them?!

No, the schools don't ask Interfolio to send them. Basically, you're responsible to manage and send the LORs. However, to make it easy for you, you ask Interfolio to keep all of your LORs, then you just tell Interfolio to send your LORs to any place you want. Why do you want to use Interfolio instead of asking your professors or doctors to send LORs directly to the schools ? Because mails can be lost. Imagine that one of your LORs is lost, it's hard and inconvenient to ask your professor or doctor to write and send it again. If you have Interfolio account, you can request them to send LOR anytime. In addition, your professors or doctors only send one copy to Interfolio instead of ten (each LOR for each school).

Guys, do you know whether Interfolio pays us when we advertise for them ? :)

I dont know..but man you do sound like you work for them! Thanks and I think I will be opening an account now!

Sorry guys! I don't mean to hijack this tread, and I've got similar Question. I'm confused about the whole LOR thing too. I'm nontrad. I work in the professional medical setting along side with two D.Os. They are more than willing to give me LORs, but I can't bug them every time another school wants LOR. And I have to apply broadly due to my age. I've been accepted to 3 Carib schools before (never applied in US). But that was straight forward, and only 3 schools. Should I just ask them to sign a bunch of originals which will be going to the schools? But how would I date them then? :confused: . Please shed some light guys.

billydoc said:
Sorry guys! I don't mean to hijack this tread, and I've got similar Question. I'm confused about the whole LOR thing too. I'm nontrad. I work in the professional medical setting along side with two D.Os. They are more than willing to give me LORs, but I can't bug them every time another school wants LOR. And I have to apply broadly due to my age. I've been accepted to 3 Carib schools before (never applied in US). But that was straight forward, and only 3 schools. Should I just ask them to sign a bunch of originals which will be going to the schools? But how would I date them then? :confused: . Please shed some light guys.

I suggest you to go to www.interfolio.com and create an account. Ask your professors and doctors to send just one LOR (each person) to Interfolio. When Interfolio receives your LORs, you can just login and send your LOR to any school anytime.

Just create the account, then you'll see the options in that site. Follow step by step.

Good luck.

If you're applying broadly and can't use your school's committee for any reason, Interfolio is a good bet b/c most schools do not want you to personally send the letters of rec. They don't even want you to see the LOR -- that way, your letter wrioters are free to write anything they want, good or not so good.

OMMFan said:
If you're applying broadly and can't use your school's committee for any reason, Interfolio is a good bet b/c most schools do not want you to personally send the letters of rec. They don't even want you to see the LOR -- that way, your letter wrioters are free to write anything they want, good or not so good.

On the University of Chicago-Pritzker Secondary it says that a faculty, committee member or the school must send the LORs. Does anyone know if you can send it using interfolio? This seems to suggest that you cant on their website but I wanted to know if anyone has called or done it before.