1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Letters of Recommendation

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by TarheelKid24, Jun 13, 2008.

1. TarheelKid24

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Alright, so my AADSAS application is complete and I am only waiting for my Letters of Recommendation to be mailed to AADSAS. Can I submit my application BEFORE those letters arrive? Or should I just have the letters sent to individual schools (which AADSAS says I can do) even though that will cost more but is still feasible because of our career services here on campus?

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TheWiredNerv

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    You can submit your AADSAS application now. However, AADSAS will not mail out your application to each school until it receives the letters of recommendation. Usually it is fastest to just let AADSAS handle the letters.

4. E-submit ASAP, and send in your letters when you can.. AADSAS will forward the letters to all of your designated schools whenever they receive them..

The above post isn't really correct.. AADSAS will mail out your application without all of your LoEs. Forwarding the letters is just a service they provide.

I know this because my application was mailed out on June 9, and AADSAS hasn't received any of my LoEs.

I guess if you really want your app and LoEs to arrive in the same box, you could wait to e-submit until after they receive your letters. My guess is they won't scan/forward your letters until you've paid.

5. TheWiredNerv

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Oh I didn't know that. Maybe it was just chance that they got my LoE the same day they mailed out my complete app.

Follow what nwdmd said :D

6. TarheelKid24

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks that helps a lot!