Letters of recommendation!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

water

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I was just wondering if a composite L of R from a pre-medical advisory committee is better than individual L of R from diferrent professors, physicians.... or the other way around. In the composite L of R, there are several evaluation forms from professors...then the committee will send those evaluation forms together with the composite form to the medical schools. Anybody with any thought? thanks in advance for the response.

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly wouldn't stress too much about whether you go with the composite letter or with individual letters. It was suggested to me by an advisor, however, that it may seem strange to a med school if they receive individual letters from a school that traditionally sends a composite letter.

Also -- people usually have your best interests at heart with the composite letter. It often looks alot better than the sum of its constituent parts.

Hope this helps!

My school requires composite or committe letters. I think it makes it easier and more formal.

Or maybe I just think that because thats what they told me...hmmmm?

------------------
Josh Hazelton
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
"D.O. Wannabe"

Thank you very much for the input!
One more question, if I send my AMCAS right now, I should receive secondaries around July and some schools want the secondaries plus recommendation letters back around 3 weeks after the day that they send them to me but the committee in my school will not meet and write letters until this September. Is that a really big problem?