Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Letters of recommendation!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by water, Jun 9, 2000.

1. water

water Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi there,

I was just wondering if a composite L of R from a pre-medical advisory committee is better than individual L of R from diferrent professors, physicians.... or the other way around. In the composite L of R, there are several evaluation forms from professors...then the committee will send those evaluation forms together with the composite form to the medical schools. Anybody with any thought? thanks in advance for the response.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Meddy

Meddy New Member

I honestly wouldn't stress too much about whether you go with the composite letter or with individual letters. It was suggested to me by an advisor, however, that it may seem strange to a med school if they receive individual letters from a school that traditionally sends a composite letter.

Also -- people usually have your best interests at heart with the composite letter. It often looks alot better than the sum of its constituent parts.

Hope this helps!

4. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My school requires composite or committe letters. I think it makes it easier and more formal.

Or maybe I just think that because thats what they told me...hmmmm?

------------------
    Josh Hazelton
    [email protected]
    University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
    "D.O. Wannabe"

5. water

water Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thank you very much for the input!
    One more question, if I send my AMCAS right now, I should receive secondaries around July and some schools want the secondaries plus recommendation letters back around 3 weeks after the day that they send them to me but the committee in my school will not meet and write letters until this September. Is that a really big problem?