Letters of Recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

georgiadat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been out of school for a year and only keep in contact with one of my professors. Most schools require 3 faculty recommendations, do you know if they will accept anything different for applicants who have been out of school for a while? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

someone please give me some info

I have been out of school for two years now and went to a large state school where lectures had about 200 people in them. Needless to say I lost touch with all of my professors as well. I contacted the schools I was applying to and explained to them my situation. They were very understanding and told me to submit letters from people that would be able to judge my potential as a dental student. So my suggestion would be to contact the schools you are applying to and see what they say. Many I am sure would be happy with other sources.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same situation, but contacted my professors anyway. (Most of them I got B's in their class too, but oh well). I have not seen what they wrote (I am sure it is some form letter they write for everybody), but they have been very cooperative.

My good letters will be the volunteer coodinators and shadowing ones.

I knew someone who was out of school for a few years. He was able to obtain only 1 LOR from a professor. The other two were from his employeer and a dentist. He got plenty of interview invites and he is currently in dental school. So don't worry about it.