Letters of Recommendations.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archonsbk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be a junior in this fall and I think it is about time to ask professors and a dentist for Letters of Recommendations.
But, the problem is that I haven't taken DAT yet (I am planning on taking it around spring break next year (around March in 2011)).
That's why I am not sure when I can ask for LoRs cuz each school has different formats, right?
What should I do at this point?
I feel like if I ask my professors and a dentist to write LoRs right after spring break (late March), I don't think I give them a lot of time to write it for me.
Should I just make a list based on my predicted DAT score (which isn't accurate, I don't think)?

Members don't see this ad.

I think its a good idea to do it now because other students at your school might be asking them as well, so it would be better to not to wait till the last minute like a lot of people do. If you do it soon, it will give them ample time to write one that will be good and effective in communicating your interest in dentistry through their course. If your professors know you real well and like you(i.e. you go to office hours or some other interaction you have with them), I'm pretty sure they'll do it. Since it'll be close to when you're applying(i'm assuming), it will be relevant and not outdated.