Letting a school know that you are in the area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rivers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How appropriate or common is it for an applicant to notify an admissions office of school A that he'll be in the geographical region for another interview at school B, and ask if he's being considered for an interview at school A so that he might schedule it around the same date as the interview at school B?

Has anyone done that and how successful have you been?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i just did that but i was already scgeduled at B for an interview in feb but A wants dec interview. But a school C refused to give me an interview or decline after i told them about A and B. so i will be in new york next week having 2 interviews on 2 consecutive days.........crazzzzzzzzzzyyyyy
so good luck with that

I just tried it the other day with Northwestern and Loyola because I was interviewing in the area. It didn't work out for either school. Good luck!

temmie said:
i just did that but i was already scgeduled at B for an interview in feb but A wants dec interview. But a school C refused to give me an interview or decline after i told them about A and B. so i will be in new york next week having 2 interviews on 2 consecutive days.........crazzzzzzzzzzyyyyy
so good luck with that

I'm glad you were able to reschedule B! :thumbup: