Leverage Dental Distributors/Suppliers --> Discounts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wildshark16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hu Friedy, Patterson, and other Suppliers/Distributors of dental supplies, technology (ie. Trios 3Shape), Practice Management software (Eaglesoft), and equipment are Headquartered nearby my dental school.

I want to know what are the Steps to be "buddy buddy" with these distributors and get discounts on the equipment/supplies/tech.
  1. Is this feasibly possible to negotiate discounts on dental supplies directly from the supplier? I know people like David Rice of Ignite DDS actually partners with Hu Friedy and I assume he gets discounts in exchange for marketing their product.
  2. Do I have to be a "Dental Influencer" and essentially market their product; to rake in these discounts? Are there other means to get these discounts without being Dental famous?
  3. What steps as 2nd year dental student can I do to rake in the benefits later (ie. visit the headquarters that is nearby my school, talk to the sales rep frequently/keep in touch, etc).
Please let me know and if anyone has personal experience; I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.