Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Lexington Community College

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by socrates, Dec 15, 2001.

1. socrates

socrates New Member

Does anyone know of someone who made it into UK medical school who went to their community college? I was advised by med school counselor that it wouldn't matter if I had the grades and such. I am starting this spring, to take some refresher courses (been out a while), and wasn't sure how long to stay there until I transferred to UK.
    This is my first time posting although I have been reading for a while, and I appreciate the respect you guys show each other.

2. tbachi

tbachi Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm sure a semester or two would be fine... I dont know anyone who went to LCC longer than that. The majority of the people I know just took classes like Organic II or General Chem b/c it was easier. You could get some of your USP's out of the way there too. GOOD LUCK!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Medical123

Medical123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was told by an admissions counselor at one of the schools that I applied to that it did not matter whether or not you take some of your prerequites at a community college or not. However, I would advise you to check with each school individually and see what they tell you. It may be different for different schools.