Liability Insurance for Externships...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElDienteLoco

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where did you get liability insurance for externships from?

Did your dental school provide proof of coverage, or did you have to find something on your own?

Members don't see this ad.

My school provided a letter stating I am covered. Ask your dean I am sure they know. You might also need a letter saying that you will pay tuition to your school during your externships.

My school didn't cover my insurance (of course) so I had to buy it myself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out this website, it's $30 for the whole year. Call the phone number and extension listed on the form and tell the lady to write you a specific letter for your externships that this plan covers you for externships and extramural rotations. I had one program ask for that letter, so I just sent it out to every program I am attending.

Here's the website with the form being downloadable (is that a word?) at the bottom of the page:

http://professional.protectorplan.com/students/pl.htm

Enjoy. And may god protect your butthole while you are on your externship!

Thanks for the responses. I know I talked to my school about it a long time ago and I thought it was taken care of until I looked at the email from the program asking me to bring my proof of insurance with me TOMORROW MORNING. Now I'm two hours ahead of my school and know that I probably won't get ahold of anyone there until I already need to know... I think I may call a couple of companies on the east coast and see if they can figure something out for me before I show up for the externship. I wish it was figured out because I don't want to come off as someone who "doesn't pay attention to details" if you know what I mean. Thanks again.

http://professional.protectorplan.com/students/pl.htm

:thumbup:

I applied for this insurance less than a week before I externed in San Antonio and they were prompt about getting the proof letter in order and faxed to the institution. It was hilarious though when I got there and they still had not received the letter and I sat in the administrative office waiting for the fax to go through so they could turn me loose. My bad...:laugh: