Liability insurance options for psychologists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madeincanada

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have previously carried The Trust's liability insurance. I have never had a claim against me, so presumably I am just the type of client they want: they cash my cheque every year and don't have to pay anything out.

However, over the past several weeks, I have been trying to make a minor change to my coverage and it has taken 3 (unresponded) emails, 2 telephone calls with promises that someone will call me back (and no one does)... to realize this is not the kind of company I want to have my back if a claim is ever filed against me.

Do others on this forum have recommendations for other liability insurance companies they have had a pleasant experience with?

Members don't see this ad.

American Professional Agency, I've never actually had to interact with anyone in person beyond just buying and paying for insurance, but colleagues have had good experiences. Additionally, if they still offer it, I got a hefty discount for being boarded.

Reactions: 2 users
I use CPH. Never had a claim but they seem responsive when I call with questions about the policy as my practice locations/circumstances have changed. And they're a lot cheaper than APAIT