Liberal Arts/humanities Majors???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bennyboy5406

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone majoring in the liberal arts or humanities..lets say political science?, law societies and justice, philosophy, comparative religeon? english?...architectural studies? international studies ?? I'd like to know how this goes with all of your science classes...is it taking you waaaay more time to finish this major if so how much?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone majoring in the liberal arts or humanities..lets say political science?, law societies and justice, philosophy, comparative religeon? english?...architectural studies? international studies ?? I'd like to know how this goes with all of your science classes...is it taking you waaaay more time to finish this major if so how much?

This is really something that is school specific because it depends on how you can schedule classes, how strict and time consuming your requirements for the major are, if you have a "core" curriculum, etc..

At my school, it's not at all hard because of the way our curriculum is set up, and how flexible it is. I actually double majored in Psychology and Bio, and didn't have much trouble in terms of time commitment, finished both right on schedule.

I started out as a Bio major with a History minor, but decided to just double major later on because there are so many free electives to fill...and why not put them towards something worthwhile, rather than a few joke classes to boost your GPA.

Well I planned my schedule using all of the old schedules because my school claimed that "the hours we had for spring 08 is the same one we had for spring 09". LIES. They changed the schedule AND raised tuition. Now I'm stuck taking Orgo II lab next summer because it won't fit in my Spring 09 schedule (the school has the class schedules up already). Also some sci classes conflict with my philosophy classes. Now I graduate a whole semester later. But hey it sure beats a year later.
Posted via Mobile Device