Library Access

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

airmont

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Thanks for any help. I am so frustrated!! :eek:

I completed my undergrad and therefore no longer have access to the university library. However in preparation for application to grad programs this year, I am continuing to work as an RA and have some other projects that require database and journal access.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Any advice? I am even willing to purchase membership if necessary. HEEELLLLPP!!!!!

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Give a call to your alumnus library, mine gives memberships for $12 a year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Public library?

Seriously....they should have online access to everything you'd need.
Thanks, but my local library has nothing. :(

Give a call to your alumnus library, mine gives memberships for $12 a year. .
No access for alumni either.

Any other ideas??

Can you go to the campus to use the library services? I think that at least a couple of my schools' libraries didn't ask you to log in to search the databases as long as you were doing so from a computer on campus.

As your supervisor-- if you're employed at a university, the prof should be able to get you access...

As your supervisor-- if you're employed at a university, the prof should be able to get you access...

Unfortunately the community clinic at which I work relied on my undergraduate access until now. They have no money for their own. Is there any university that allows subscription to its library?

Unfortunately the community clinic at which I work relied on my undergraduate access until now. They have no money for their own. Is there any university that allows subscription to its library?

Ah, I didn't realize. In that case, you'll probably need to find a local library, university, or college that subscribes and allows public access to its on-campus computers.

Contracts usually prevent universities from offering e-journal access off-site to anyone who is not a student, employee, or (occasionally) alumnus.

that stinks. i know through my college email i still have online access to journals -- they really don't have that? mine wasn't that fancy either. i guess you could purchase access though an apa membership (or get a psychologist you may know through the clinic or school to give you access to thiers). at our public library we can access psychlit and psych articles online.