• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

BlitzSleep

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
D-Town
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hypothetically, if my license were revoked for not paying a speeding ticket, would that be considered a misdeamor? Would this have to be mentioned on the AMCAS and so on? Sorry if this question is cliche

Hypothetically? :rolleyes:

No, it's not a misdemeanor, at least in my state. I doubt it would be in yours.

Lshapley

Old Man Med Student
10+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2006
Portland
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Mine was revoked in NY state for not paying a minor ticket (I was on a cell while stuck in traffic, and a cop walked up to me and gave me a ticket.) I actually had a PA license at the time, but used to be a NY state resident and they suspended my NY license (that I had given up). Anyway, it didn't matter with med school. BU actually did a background check on me and it doesn't show up. It is a non-issue.

About the Ads

Bananas Foster

Eats Whole Pies
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
howabout my 700 dollars in Chicago Parking tickets?:D

man oh man, a place without free parking = a town without bananas

BlitzSleep

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
D-Town
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Well my license isn't revoked...yet. So for now it's a "what if" scenario and that's why I'm asking. I got the ticket about 2 years ago (78 in a 55 on Interstate-75...yeah the speed limit on a 3 lane one way interstate is 55 freaking miles per hour) then was in a pretty bad car wreck a few months after and never really gotten around to pay it, and actually forgot about it for the longest. Hopefully they felt sorry for me and tossed it? I can only dream...

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I just would have paid the ticket and moved on. I wouldn't want anything, even it's a small ticket like that, hanging over my head.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.