Licensure for India Periodontist in california

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

careermapping

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I need some advice for License for Indian Periodontist in California...I would like to know:
1. Is Indian MD - Peri recognized in California
2. If not what step to be followed for so that one can practice in California.

Thanks in advance..

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I need some advice for License for Indian Periodontist in California...I would like to know:

Thanks in advance..

Hey there.. I would email the California State Dental board directly with your questions. They are the authority that will answer these questions. You can google their web address and email.

Thanks in advance..
There are a few steps you will need to take.
To practice in the U. S you will have to apply for either and Advanced Standing (Application to the Second Year Class - for graduates of foreign dental schools) or Residency programs (also 2 years)

The American Dental Association website will give you information on licensure requirements. The Dental Board of California and the American Dental Education Websites will also give you information on licensure.

You will have to study and schedule written exams to take such as National Dental Board pt 1 and sometimes pt 2 Follow link:
1) http://www.ada.org
Scroll down to licensure requirements. There you will find a link to the National Dental Boards pt1 and pt2
2) http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Pages/default.aspx
This link will take you to the centralized application page for the Advanced Standing Admissions to the various Dental schools in the U.S
3) Gather study materials for National Board part 1 and TOEFL.

At least you can start somewhere.