PhD/PsyD Licensure in Florida-Psychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whencanijustwork

Reaction score
I'm currently studying for licensure in FL. While it is pretty clear how to study for the EPPP, I am unclear on how to prepare for the laws and rules exam. Should I be studying the content of the laws mostly, or do I need to try and memories numerical codes associated with the laws? Any advice is welcome. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

In the several state licensing exams I've taken, they have never required memorizing the numbers attached to the statutes, merely what the laws/statutes say, or different situations in which the statutes pertain.

Agreed, I would focus more on the content and specifics of the regulations (e.g., number of years you have to retain records, how you may need to refer to yourself in advertising materials, stipulations on mandated reporting) than on the numerical codes of the regulations themselves.

I just read over the statutes document provided by the board (IIRC it's like 40 pages?) and passed it on my first try. I want to say there are also some online flash cards you could use if you're worried. The advice given above is good to focus on.