Licensure in Illinois - Psychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LetsMatch

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am hoping to get some clarification with regards to the licensure process for clinical psychology in IL. I'm currently a 2nd year post-doc in neuropsychology. A few months ago, I submitted the paperwork to IDFPR (along with transcripts, internship and postdoc hours) to obtain the approval to take the EPPP. I was approved and recently passed the exam (yay!). I'm not sure what the next step is. Do I have to wait for the board to send me the license, or is there another application process (and would have to resubmit my hours)? I called IDFPR, but the person I called was not sure, and I am waiting to hear back from them. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I am hoping to get some clarification with regards to the licensure process for clinical psychology in IL. I'm currently a 2nd year post-doc in neuropsychology. A few months ago, I submitted the paperwork to IDFPR (along with transcripts, internship and postdoc hours) to obtain the approval to take the EPPP. I was approved and recently passed the exam (yay!). I'm not sure what the next step is. Do I have to wait for the board to send me the license, or is there another application process (and would have to resubmit my hours)? I called IDFPR, but the person I called was not sure, and I am waiting to hear back from them. Thank you!
They usually will just send you the license a few days or a week after you pass the EPPP. Sometimes they won’t let you know and just add your name to the IDFPR license lookup page.