Licensure Information on ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyGenome

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is obvious, but on this page, if we have never been licensed before, or been in residency before (eg, we are the typical first time american med student), so we just check "NO" for everything on this page? My confusion is that the page seems not applicable for us, however there is no place to write "None" like on other non-applicable sections in ERAS.

So when I say "NO" to "Has your medical license ever been suspended/revoked/voluntarily terminated?"... it seems to imply I have had a license that could have been revoked...?

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe this is obvious, but on this page, if we have never been licensed before, or been in residency before (eg, we are the typical first time american med student), so we just check "NO" for everything on this page? My confusion is that the page seems not applicable for us, however there is no place to write "None" like on other non-applicable sections in ERAS.

So when I say "NO" to "Has your medical license ever been suspended/revoked/voluntarily terminated?"... it seems to imply I have had a license that could have been revoked...?

The last question on the page you mention asks: "are you board certified?"

When we say no, then does it imply that we can get board certified if we had wanted to?

I see where you're coming from though. I just said "NO".

The last question on the page you mention asks: "are you board certified?"

When we say no, then does it imply that we can get board certified if we had wanted to?

I see where you're coming from though. I just said "NO".

Thanks for the response, so you said "NO" to the first question? Is this what everyone did?

I have a related question: Where do we mention on the CAF that we are ECFMG certified? I don't think it can be in this board certification area.

Just answer no. Don't overthink it.

I have a related question: Where do we mention on the CAF that we are ECFMG certified? I don't think it can be in this board certification area.

Nowhere. It's automatic now, we see your ECFMG certification reported by the ECFMG.