Pageofwands

7+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2013
Status (Visible)
Hello all,

I submitted all my documents (predoc/post doc hours) and took the EPPP in mid November. I live in NYC and was wondering how long it took everyone to get their application processed. I've been calling New York State and they keep telling me its being procesed. Does anyone have a time frame they can provide me with (e.g. when the license number is posted to the state website, when the actually license was received in mail?). Appreciate it.

CheetahGirl

Clinical Psychologist
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2007
formerly from Atlanta, GA
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychologist
It took me about 2-3 months - awful to say. I called at several points to ask what was the delay, and finally we discovered they had a wrong email address (and had contacted me about some random missing element, and that was my hold-up). Just keep on them (in a friendly, I-need-my-license-like-yesterday way). I also religiously checked the Office Of Professions website, and that's when I knew it was official, because my name appeared for licensed individuals.

Good luck! :luck:

SportsNeuroPsych

Neuropsychologist
Jul 9, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychologist
I had a similar experience and time frame as CheetahGirl (this was pre-pandemic). Not sure how much COVID is slowing things down now but I would also recommend the occasional check-in with them. The OPS website should have a date listed in which they are reviewing materials from so it'll give you a sense of where they are in the process. Good luck!

Pageofwands

7+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2013
Status (Visible)
Thanks! I called a few times and they indicated they still havent received my test scores. It's been over a month...does this make sense?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads