Life at CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigbody

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This post is to all the current CCOM students. I was wondering how you guys would describe daily life at school. Are most of you in classes all day, or do the majority just study on your own? During weeknights is everyone pretty much studying until they go to bed, are meal times the only real time people chill? I've heard the student body is real tight knit and everyone knows everyone else; are there planned social activities or is it friendship by basically seeing the person all the time? Also, is it necessary to have a car on campus; what types of activities would cause an MS1/MS2 to drift off campus? I know that there are some clinical shadowing programs that many students participate in, are these located near the campus or are some of them pretty far?

Well I guess thats it for now, I'd really appreciate if you current med students could provide your experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

Life at CCOM is a blast. I am an athlete and spent a lot of time on the intramural fields. During the first semester of my first year I had like 6-10 intramural games per week. Life is what you make of it. You will ave a blast. No other school has an intramural program like ours.

Is their tackle football? If so, I hope you people come with it.