Life at UF Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yavster5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is life like at UF pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll let you you know once school starts. Lol...there are other posts where people asked the same question (I'm sure I asked once or twice also). Have you tried doing a search on here?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats also a pretty broad question. You might want to ask about certain aspects of life there that you're wondering about. Theres also 3 satellite campuses that offer a completely different experience than the main campus, from what I hear at least....

Hey, I'm currently a first year pharamcy student at UF in Gainesville campus. I figured I'll give you a little bit of my experience.

First, the workload is definitely much heavier than undergraduate courses for sure. Also, you will need bring your A-game when it comes to time management and priority listing. When you ask most people int eh program, they would tell you to not get behind on lectures.

Second, each exam is going to contain a lot of the material so make sure you study way ahead and don't wait till the last minute to study. When you would have multiple exams in the span of a couple weeks, most people WILL fall behind on lectures because they would spend time to review for the exam. However, the good thing is that all the lectures are taped and can be viewed online anytime. Again, I want to stress to you to stay on top of your material because some weeks are without exams but the school will make you do these little stuff like "community screening, family health projects, presentation". They are easy but extremely time-consuming.

Third, some weeks are going to be very unbearable due to multiple exams and these little "things". However, keep your head up and just know anything worthy is not easy! Also, you might not get the same good grades as your undergraduate days and some students might have to struggle, but don't let that discourage you because you are a pharmacist as long as you have your 2.0. I found the first semester to be especially difficult because I was in "undergrad mood" for the first half of the semester, however, I'm doing adapting much better as time goes on. One mistakes I made was thinking there would be always a curve on challenging exams like my undergraduate days, however, the class average is always around 80.

All our experience is different and don't let my experience count for all the pharmacy students. Some of you will find out that you may need to put more effort and time than your classmates and it may become frustrating. However, don't let that affect your performance because everyone come from different educational backgrounds. My motto is to keep your head up and just study hard! You will make it if you truly put 100% commitment during the course of four years:)

Thats also a pretty broad question. You might want to ask about certain aspects of life there that you're wondering about. Theres also 3 satellite campuses that offer a completely different experience than the main campus, from what I hear at least....

Hey, can you tell me what you've heard about the 3 satellite campuses and how they're completely different? Thanks:)

Hey, can you tell me what you've heard about the 3 satellite campuses and how they're completely different? Thanks:)

I think by completely different he is referring to Gainesville vs. distance campuses. Between the distance campuses, you will have a hard time finding a comparison here because most students only know their own campus. I haven't heard anything bad about a specific location, most people choose a distance site based on proximity to home or desire to live in a certain city. I haven't heard anyone complain about their specific site, yet, I have only been in the program a few months. When I applied, I picked distance locations that I was familiar with that were relatively close to home. I choose Gainesville first, orlando, st. pete, then jacksonville. I actually interviewed at St. Pete bc I couldn't make my G-ville interview date and actually really liked it, so in retrospect, if I knew then what I know now, I would probablly make st. pete second because I really liked it at my interview. This is just my opinion obviously and I heard many other mixes from my classmates. Good luck with your ranking! :)

I think by completely different he is referring to Gainesville vs. distance campuses. Between the distance campuses, you will have a hard time finding a comparison here because most students only know their own campus. I haven't heard anything bad about a specific location, most people choose a distance site based on proximity to home or desire to live in a certain city. I haven't heard anyone complain about their specific site, yet, I have only been in the program a few months. When I applied, I picked distance locations that I was familiar with that were relatively close to home. I choose Gainesville first, orlando, st. pete, then jacksonville. I actually interviewed at St. Pete bc I couldn't make my G-ville interview date and actually really liked it, so in retrospect, if I knew then what I know now, I would probablly make st. pete second because I really liked it at my interview. This is just my opinion obviously and I heard many other mixes from my classmates. Good luck with your ranking! :)

Thank you very much!!