life insurance physical and nicotine use

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

organicmatter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. So on long call nights I like to reward myself with dip. Yeah, I know, it's disgusting. Anyway, I'm supposed to get a life insurance physical soon and I'm wondering if any of you know how well the nicotine assay detects nicotine in the blood stream. In other words, how long before the blood test do I need to stop dipping?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

organicmatter said:
Hey all. So on long call nights I like to reward myself with dip. Yeah, I know, it's disgusting. Anyway, I'm supposed to get a life insurance physical soon and I'm wondering if any of you know how well the nicotine assay detects nicotine in the blood stream. In other words, how long before the blood test do I need to stop dipping?

Thanks.

Yes, they do have urine and blood nicotine assays they do. Just got my disability and life insurance policy testing back and they do a urine test and if it is positive a reflex blood test automatically. there is no hiding it.

later

I moonlight doing ins physicals...you must abstain for weeks to pee cold/clean.

organicmatter said:

Thanks.

organicmatter said:
Here's a thought: quit using tobacco products, or man up and pay the higher premiums that come with being a drug addict.

Thanks.

The test will detect niccotine but the company will probably take into consideration the amount of niccotine detected. Dip is considered by some companies non smoking other tobacco which will give you better rates than a smoker but higher than a person with no use at all.

organicmatter said:

Thanks.

Yes they do and what a difference in life insurance rates between a smoker and non smoker (nicotine vs non nicotine, it doesn't matter). When I first got my life insurance 4 years ago, I signed for half million for 17$ per month. If I was a smoker, the same coverage would cost 267$ PER MONTH!!!!!