life or death amcas question!!! seriously...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbabul01

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am stuck on a deserted island in the South Pacific. I have one empty bottle and a paper copy of the AMCAS. Should I:

A) fill out the AMCAS and send it in via message in the bottle. I can pay application fees with the pirate booty I found.

or

B) write "Please help me! I'm trapped on a deserted island in the South Pacific" on the back of the AMCAS and send that instead

With option A, I will at least get my AMCAS submitted early, giving me the best chance for med school next year. Somebody will find me here eventually, right? With option B, I'm probably more likely to get off this island, but I'm going to be late in the application cycle. Adcoms don't believe the stuck on a deserted island story anymore.

Any advice?!?!?

Members don't see this ad.

Why settle for one when you can have both? Fill out AMCAS while focusing your Personal Statement around your shipwrecked status and the neighboring underserved Pirate and Cannibal communities to whom you have magnanimously devoted your stranded self.

Take special pains to note the tolerance you have developed for cannibalism and raping/pillaging behavior while serving the Pirate and Cannibal communities in a nonjudgemental manner. Naturally, your recent public health interventions of performing HIV/HSV/Hep screening on all potential victims have already had a profound imact on reducing Pirate/Cannibal morbidity and mortality. After medical school you hope to return to the island, where you will lead the political charge for acceptance of these misunderstood and oppressed comminities.

Fill out the AMCAS as usual and put down "Deserted island in the South Pacific" as your local address. Med schools will find a way to track you down if only to get your secondary app fees.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am impressed that this deserted island has internet access.

I am stuck on a deserted island in the South Pacific. I have one empty bottle and a paper copy of the AMCAS. Should I:

A) fill out the AMCAS and send it in via message in the bottle. I can pay application fees with the pirate booty I found.

or

B) write "Please help me! I'm trapped on a deserted island in the South Pacific" on the back of the AMCAS and send that instead

With option A, I will at least get my AMCAS submitted early, giving me the best chance for med school next year. Somebody will find me here eventually, right? With option B, I'm probably more likely to get off this island, but I'm going to be late in the application cycle. Adcoms don't believe the stuck on a deserted island story anymore.

Any advice?!?!?

According to your MDapps, you've been waitlisted or accepted at the following schools:

Waitlisted, Awaiting Outcome
University of Pennsylvania

Interviewed, Waitlisted, Withdrew
Emory University
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Northwestern University

Interviewed, Accepted
Boston University - "withdrew (4/20)"
Cornell University
Jefferson Medical College
Tufts University - "withdrew (2/21)"
University of Southern California - "withdrew (3/19)"

umm, so what the hell are you talking about filling out an AMCAS application?

either:
A) you've been drinking quite a bit (perhaps that's the reason you're holding an empty bottle in your hand) and definitely needing to put the booze away before any further brain damage.

OR

B) (the more likely answer) you're being totally sarcastic, making fun of the slew of people who post on SDN seeking advice on the timeline for AMCAS submission

Personally, I :biglove: sarcasm.

According to your MDapps, you've been waitlisted or accepted at the following schools:

Emory University
Northwestern University

Interviewed, Accepted
Cornell University

either:
A) you've been drinking quite a bit (perhaps that's the reason you're holding an empty bottle in your hand) and definitely needing to put the booze away before any further brain damage.

OR

B) (the more likely answer) you're being totally sarcastic, making fun of the slew of people who post on SDN seeking advice on the timeline for AMCAS submission

....... someone missed the joke :rolleyes:

Wanna B Scutty wins for an excellent response. I bet you had an excellent personal statement just seeing your ability to make raping/pillaging look like appropriate preparation for a career in medicine.

Emory University
Northwestern University

Interviewed, Accepted
Cornell University

either:

OR

Sometimes posters like this one concern me.

While normally I'd go for option A (clearly!), the only problem is what will you do about interviews if you're still stuck on your desert island?

(Then again, I bet you'd have fantastic answers for the Mayo phone interview...)

It seems the two of ya'll didn't quite catch on.

Wow, you actually missed out on someone missing out on the joke. This is quite the paradox.

Wow, you actually missed out on someone missing out on the joke. This is quite the paradox.

I know. I was going to respond to her response to my comment, but I got so confused that I just left it at that.

I know. I was going to respond to her response to my comment, but I got so confused that I just left it at that.

It seems that I (he) made a mistake in lumping you with your mate (on the presumption--silly itself--that anxiety over silly posts within silly threads could only be attributed to misinterpretation).

For this I apologize. I will be more careful in the future.

DS

It seems that I (he) made a mistake in lumping you with your mate (on the presumption--silly itself--that anxiety over silly posts within silly threads could only be attributed to misinterpretation).

DS

Huh? You? He? Silly silly silly what?

DS

Holy crap, dudes! Enough with the "who got which jokes," already.

It is time for all strong womyn and men to focus upon the grave task before us. Bbabul has set us a challenge. Surely, it's time to set aside our differences and heed his cry for aid! :D

I think if I were stuck on a desert island, things like starvation, lonliness, and other pretty bad things would come before a medical school application :).

Write "help me" on the first page, use the others as starters for a fire. haha