"Life"-rank Boy Scout (1 step from Eagle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcd

.2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I made it to the Life Boy Scout rank, but did not progress further.

Does it hurt my chances with adcoms or internships to mention this because I didn't make it all the way?

Members don't see this ad.

rcd said:

Does it hurt my chances with adcoms or internships to mention this because I didn't make it all the way?

With some folks it will hurt you that you went as far as you did. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
rcd said:

i didn't even know what the hell you were talking about until you said 1 step from eagle. so no, nobody is going to mention that you didn't go all the way unless you say that.

If you made it to 11th grade but not 12th grade that would be a problem. However I think Life but not eagle will be tolerable (though barely) at most schools.
:) jk nobody will care AT ALL that you did not make it till eagle

Law2Doc said:
With some folks it will hurt you that you went as far as you did. :laugh:

HAHAHAHAHA this made me LOL

Don't mention it. No one cares. About 2% of the adcom is impressed by Eagle Scouts. The rest don't care. If you are from Utah, Eagle Scouts are more common that Bald Eagles and totally discounted.

The adcom cares even less about Life Scouts. Since this is a H.S. activity it does not belong on your AMCAS.

I put the fact that I am an Eagle Scout on my app. In my eyes, it would hurt you for getting so close without capturing it, but for the majority of people I don't think they would care. In my opinion, I just wouldn't have even bothered to list it had I not made it all the way.

at least you're not a Weblow.

uhhh - is it just me, or is mentioning ANYTHING with the word BOY in it a bad idea on a med. school app? Geesh - you are applying to be a physician, not a member of N'sync!

I agree this doesn't really belong on your AMCAS unless you have been involved in it POST-High School. I think putting something from HS will hurt you more than whether or not it's eagle, life, or whatever. If you want to include something about it (as long as you make it relavent) in your PS, that would be an option.

Triggity02 said:
at least you're not a Weblow.

Ha ha, I was a weblow...it was funny in the late 80's and its still funny today. Thanks for the memories, Triggity02.

Members don't see this ad :)
J Feelgood said:
Ha ha, I was a weblow...it was funny in the late 80's and its still funny today. Thanks for the memories, Triggity02.
OK.. that avatar and the word "we blow" are just a bit too much together.

Flopotomist said:
uhhh - is it just me, or is mentioning ANYTHING with the word BOY in it a bad idea on a med. school app? Geesh - you are applying to be a physician, not a member of N'sync!

Although, if you were in N'Sync, I would put that on AMCAS. :)

Flopotomist said:
OK.. that avatar and the word "we blow" are just a bit too much together.
:laugh:
Quagmire kinda looks like he knows what he's doing, huh?
(Alright)

J Feelgood said:
Quagmire kinda looks like he knows what he's doing, huh?
(Alright)

Giggity giggity giggity...

Fun fact: Every single person who's walked on the moon has been an Eagle Scout. Now since we're trying to be doctors and not trying to walk on the moon, I'm not sure that's relevant, but maybe it is. It definitely shows dedication and community service, so if it was pretty meaningful to you, I'd try to bring it up somewhere, if not necessarily in the "Activities" section of AMCAS.

If you're an Eagle Scout, you should put it on your App.

Life Scout provokes 2 responses, depending on person reading app:

1) Why weren't you an Eagle?

or

2) What the hell is a Life Scout?

Don't put it.

if you put that on your app your adcom rep will poop in your mouth.

I was a cub scout. I never even made it to Weblos. I absolutely hate the boy scouts and their right wing propaganda, though. They're EVIL!

rcd said:

Yes. You will not be accepted to medical school if you did not attain Eagle Scout.

How could you become a physician if you can't even complete the Boy Scout training?

-J.F., Eagle Scout

I made eagle and im in they 11th grade! WOOT

Just2Fitz said:
I made eagle and im in they 11th grade! WOOT

That really doesn't say much, considering that most 11th graders are 16 or 17 years old.

(You cannot get your Eagle once you turn 18.)

Pewl said:
I was a cub scout. I never even made it to Weblos. I absolutely hate the boy scouts and their right wing propaganda, though. They're EVIL!
:confused: wtf? :rolleyes: