Lifestyle, salary possible in Internal medicine..? Work settings and difficulty to match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hi all, currently wondering what the salary could be in Endocrinology working 40 hrs or even more? Is it possible to make 280 k or more?
I know the salary is generally 230k but is it because most endocrinologists work less than 40 hrs / week?

Also, what is the lifestyle of endocrinology like? I hear its good but just asking.

Is it possible to do remote/telehealth work and inpatient work in endocrinology ?

How hard is it to match into endocrinology, especially as a DO? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, currently wondering what the salary could be in Endocrinology working 40 hrs or even more? Is it possible to make 280 k or more?
I know the salary is generally 230k but is it because most endocrinologists work less than 40 hrs / week?

Also, what is the lifestyle of endocrinology like? I hear its good but just asking.

Is it possible to do remote/telehealth work and inpatient work in endocrinology ?

How hard is it to match into endocrinology, especially as a DO? Thanks.
There has been a thread on this… you may want to do a search. Here is one

Is it possible to make >280k… yes… are you seeing 25-30 pts/day to do that ? Most likely.
PP is generally about productivity… academia is more like 180-200k… the work is different.

Eh…if you are efficient, you may get out in 8 hours but , just like other outpt specialties… it’s generally an 8-5 kinda job. But no… endocrinologists are not working less than 40 hours a week full time.

There are practices that do no call or weekends, so not difficult to find that.