Likelihood of 34+ on April 13th MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackcadillacs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My scores so far are on the AAMCs have been:

3: 9 PS / 11 VR / 12 BS = 32
4: 10 / 12 / 9 = 31
5: 10 / 11 / 11 = 32

And I just took #5 about 30 minutes ago, so it's pretty recent :)
I haven't been studying vigorously at all, so I'm hoping that really cracking down/cramming these next 3 weeks will be enough to boost it an extra few points.

I've also read that these first AAMC tests are much easier compared to the real thing? So would my actual score likely be lower?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

My scores so far are on the AAMCs have been:

3: 9 PS / 11 VR / 12 BS = 32
4: 10 / 12 / 9 = 31
5: 10 / 11 / 11 = 32

And I just took #5 about 30 minutes ago, so it's pretty recent :)
I haven't been studying vigorously at all, so I'm hoping that really cracking down/cramming these next 3 weeks will be enough to boost it an extra few points.

I've also read that these first AAMC tests are much easier compared to the real thing? So would my actual score likely be lower?

Thank you!

There are going to be people saying that "those exams are much easier than the rest and the real thing." For some people that's true, but not everyone. My lowest score was actually on AAMC 3. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Your scores are great. Make sure you don't take any exams 2-3 days prior to your test. There's definitely a chance that you can get a 34. Good luck man!

The difference between a 33 and a 34 could be as little 1 question or it could be more like 8-10 questions depending on where you are on the scale.

Definitely possible. I do question the wisdom of waiting the last three weeks to decide to try and boost your score by 2+ points, but certainly it is achievable, especially if you actually have time and motivation to spare.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was scoring 30-32s on my aamcs, but got 34 on the actual thing. Study hard and pray for a little bit of luck.

Definitely possible. I scored two points higher on my actual exam than my average AAMC score.

I was scoring 30-32s on my aamcs, but got 34 on the actual thing. Study hard and pray for a little bit of luck.

Indeed. Luck plays a pretty significant role when you're up in the 13-15 range.

Some people average 32 and score a 37 on the real thing. Some average 36 and score a 31. Either way, your scores suggest you'll do ok. I did around my average, but my n=2 (Free AAMC 3 and AAMC 11). Just prepare for anything and be confident.

Umm, no. It's at most 3-4 questions.

Yea on the scale 9-10 and 11-12 are separated by 3-4 questions, but you're assuming all of the additional correct questions he gets will come in the same section.

Yea on the scale 9-10 and 11-12 are separated by 3-4 questions, but you're assuming all of the additional correct questions he gets will come in the same section.

If the difference could be 8 questions, then the student has failed one section woefully. 4, 15, 14 vs 10, 12, 12. I don't have the scales in front of me. Typically for balanced scores (>8 per section), you would be hard pressed to generate an eight-question gap between scores 33 and 34. .