Limerick Ireland or Jagiellonian University (Poland)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pebblez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am kind of stuck on making a decision between two international schools for the 4 year program, Limerick and Jagiellonian University.

Limerick is basically a very new program, but has PBL which is a big plus for me. However, the cost is over 38,000 euro a year I believe, compared to Jagiellonian University which is 10,000 euro a year. I also need to but a deposit down for Limerick by May 16th which is 4000 euro. I have a Polish background (and EU passport), and would have a place to stay in Krakow already if I do attend Jagiellonian. However, I am not looking strictly at cost of living and tuition, but it does play a factor. I am wondering what are peoples thoughts on the two schools, if my primary goal is to come back to Canada to practice. This includes USMLE preperation and the Canadian exam prep.

Looking forward to hearing back

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

However, the cost is over 38,000 euro a year

If you have an EU passport, you dont have to pay non-EU fees at Limerick...

Full-time EU: 12,780 Non-Eu:38,500

Or maybe you do if you haven't been living in the EU for a period of time. But I would def look into this if you havent. Could save you a lot of money in the end

I have been living in Canada my whole life so unfortunately I have to pay non-eu fees.

Members don't see this ad :)
You might be able to get cheaper fees after 3rd year (since you would be three years living in Ireland by then). Wish I ahd been that lucky :)

Best of luck with your choice, Im sure you'll be happy wherever you end up

Yeah it's nothing to do with citizenship, its being a resident and actually living there that decides it.

___

Limerick's very new, but the Irish schools have a good rep, especially for getting US residencies.

Jag has had a great rep for years, I know a few doctors doing residencies in Toronto who went there.

All in all I'd say it won't make much of a difference. Go where you think you'd be happiest.