Limited study time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalhelp2006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to limited study time of only a few weeks, do you think studying only decks is good enough to pass or do well?

Members don't see this ad.

Due to limited study time of only a few weeks, do you think studying only decks is good enough to pass or do well?

When I take the board on Dec 11, I'll have had 3 weeks of study time. App. 5 hours a day. I think your best bet is released board tests. If you do enough you get to see a pattern of what they think is important and you can plan your studying accordingly. I've done about 18 sections so far and i feel pretty solid. All my raw scores have been well above what used to be considered passing.

When I take the board on Dec 11, I'll have had 3 weeks of study time. App. 5 hours a day. I think your best bet is released board tests. If you do enough you get to see a pattern of what they think is important and you can plan your studying accordingly. I've done about 18 sections so far and i feel pretty solid. All my raw scores have been well above what used to be considered passing.

Thanks for being the 1 out of 400+ views who took the time to reply to me....and thanks for the encouraging reply.............I think the tests and decks will be my focus.
Best of luck on yur test!

agree with post #2....i studied 3 weeks and took the test today. i felt good with my performance. i did decks, released tests, flipped through the biochem & embriology sections of the first aid usmle step 1 book, and then finally gave in a bought a one month pass to the kaplan question bank. it's pricey and way more in depth than the actual test, but it made me feel really confident going into the test. you can do it in a couple of weeks, but make a game plan. hope that helped.