Limited time...How do i space out the practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FollowTheMoney

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be studying hardcore (10+ hours a day) from April 29 - June 17 (Test Day). I have access to all of Kaplan's practice tests, AAMC #3-10, and TBR #1-5. I definitely want to get through all 8 AAMC tests as well as TBR and was hoping to leave Kaplan #1-6 as secondary priority. Anyone have any good suggestions concerning the spacing of my practice tests? 1 a day for two weeks straight?

Members don't see this ad.

I will be studying hardcore (10+ hours a day) from April 29 - June 17 (Test Day). I have access to all of Kaplan's practice tests, AAMC #3-10, and TBR #1-5. I definitely want to get through all 8 AAMC tests as well as TBR and was hoping to leave Kaplan #1-6 as secondary priority. Anyone have any good suggestions concerning the spacing of my practice tests? 1 a day for two weeks straight?

You should definitely leave a day or two in between tests so you have adequate time to review them and go over weak areas

I don't have a calendar in front of me, to see if this works out, but here is what I would suggest:

1) Alternate TBR and AAMC, taking 1 test every 2-3 days counting BACK from test day. So, take TBR 1, then AAMC 3, TBR 2, then AAMC 4... etc. all the way till test date. (edit: I meant, your last test should be AAMC 10 or something, about 3-4 days before June 17)

2) Use Kaplan before ever starting TBR or AAMC tests (if you are deadset on using Kaplan also)

That's just my opinion. I think TBR is the best exams, and doing the AAMC will familiarize you with the format, and the most realistic verbal experience.

Last edited: